Photo by Glenn Kaupert
Humanitarian | Musician | Educator
It was really nice of you, Meredith and Chris to have taken time to let me tryout your Jamstik. I'm interested in endorsing and promoting the 12 fretted Jamstik (to be released in the Fall), and am following up a week later. I'd like to establish a strategic partnership with you and our Blues Kids Foundation (That hosts free Blues Camps).
We partner with institutes of higher learning and performing arts centers to host our free international Blues Camps -- where the top Blues Kids in North America attend. There's no place like Blues Camp for youths and it's free. Over the course of a year I see over 500 Blues Kids in my camps and over 10,000 students in public and private schools plus colleges and festivals in different parts of the world.
Below you will find instructional material that I created (accompanied by videos done by Jim Dunlop). We can create new content together for your platform. This summer will be the 10th Anniversary on the campus of Columbia College Chicago.
• To invite you to come observe Blues Camp Chicago in July and do a workshop with your product.
• Establish a strategic partnership between Jamstik and the Fernando Jones brands.
• To be part of your global marketing and community outreach music education strand.
Below you will find me performing, videos from Blues Camp International and an instructional piece I did for Jim Dunlop.
“I work on my craft and my complete package every single day. I perform every show as if it were Carnegie Hall -- even if it’s a gift of my time in a classroom, retirement home, front porch in Mississippi, a TV show or on stage for thousands of dollars. My music and I are one. Being born 5 months premature, one looks at life differently. Therefore, each day is a lifetime achievement award proven earned the following day.”
- Fernando Jones
"Fernando is one in a million trying to get to the bottom of the barrel of the Blues.”
- Buddy Guy
Strategic partnerships and professional affiliations: Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity (Life Membership), American Federation of Musicians (Local 10-208), Jim Dunlop, D'Addario, Real Men Cook, The Chicago Blues Festival Advisory Board, NABSE and Shure.
Charitable Giving Real Men Cook Charities, Guide Right Chicago, The Greater Chicago Food Depository, Edward G. Irvin Foundation and more, and church and civic organizations.
• Chicago Blues Hall of Fame Inductee
• "Blues Kids Day(s)" proclamations from: the City of Chicago
• California Legislature Assembly Certificate of Recognition
• City of Riverside, CA Proclamation to Recognize and Honor
• State of California Senate Certificate of Recognition
• Corona, CA Blues Day Proclamation
• State of Illinois Proclamation for a Blues Day
• Keeping the Blues Alive Award recipient.
• Teacher of the year finalist (Columbia College Chicago, 2006).
• Life Membership with Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Incorporated
Photo by Glenn Kaupert